Thursday, September 4, 2014

Her Eyes

Looking into her eyes, I have a constant reminder. The little faces she makes, her little grins and smirks. There is a temptation to believe she is wholly mine, but there are too many reminders. I am grateful for them. The sacrifice that was made by a beautiful and amazing young woman is worthy of constant remembrance. How could I not love the ones who created such a precious life that now lays in my arms? I love her like my own, but know she is not "mine". She never was and will never be. She is the Lord's and has been entrusted to me. It is a privilege granted to be called her mother. There are aspects that only I will fulfill in the role as mother, but there are some that I cannot no matter how hard I try. It is a wonderful thing to know that there will not be missing pieces for her. She won't have to wonder or feel the emptiness of the unknown.

Looking into her sweet little eyes is a beautiful reminder of the miracle that is found in adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when commenting on anything in this blog. Keep in mind that we are sharing personal experience and opening up our lives in a very real way. We would appreciate that negative comments about our personal thoughts and viewpoints be kept off of this blog. Thank you!